Management & Board
United Credit Union Management & Board
In the future, remember, United Credit Union needs you!
The Board of Directors at United Credit Union is made up of qualified volunteers. All are credit union members and care about the well-being of the credit union. Each year we need new volunteers to serve on our Board and Supervisory Committee. Board and committee members are elected during our Annual Meeting in the Spring.
As a member of our board, you can help shape the future of your credit union while using your skills to contribute to its mission.
Interested in serving on the Board or Supervisory Committee?
Volunteering at the credit union can be both an enlightening and rewarding experience. It gives you an opportunity to be involved in the success of the credit union and to help make decisions vital to the operations of the credit union.
Since the early 19th Century credit unions have strived to:
- Be democratically governed
- Give each member (account holder) one vote, no matter how much money on deposit
- Have a member-elected board of directors
- Have volunteer-based directors
That is why it is important to have people like you volunteer your time for the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee. Some of the things a board member or supervisory committee member commits to are as follows:
- Board Members are asked to attend a minimum of nine regular monthly board meetings annually and any special meetings. Meetings are generally conducted once a month, the third Thursday of each month.
- Supervisory Committee members are asked to attend 4 regular meetings (held every 2 months) annually and any special meetings.
This amounts to approximately 20-30 hours of volunteering per year. Not a lot considering the impact you have on the credit union.